Title: Mortgage Loan Closer (remote)
Location: Any City, USA
Great opportunity to join a growing mortgage company where you will be responsible for coordinating all the steps of the loan closing, arriving at detailed and accurate financial numbers for borrowers and readying documents.
- Prepare closing documents in accordance with policies and procedures outlined by Operations Manager
- Perform industry-standard closing activities (e.g. review all documents for accuracy, order MERS, review all closing instructions, etc.)
- Perform industry standard Funder activities (e.g. review Closing Disclosure for accuracy, approve Closing Disclosure for closing, review closing packages for funding, etc.)
- Perform industry-standard post-closing activities (e.g. review closed loan package returned from settlement agencies for accuracy, submit file to proper servicer, contact servicer to clear any / all post-closing conditions for purchase, etc.)
- Report to Operations Manager in regard to protocol and file escalation
- Ensure loans are in accordance with State and Federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair lending practices
- Keeps informed of the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government insured mortgages
- Communicates with Investor to resolve funding or document exception issues in a timely manner
- Maintain, understand and follow Company and Investor guidelines at all times
- Bacheor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of current or recent experience working as a mortgage closer for a mortgage company
Thank you for your interest in the Mortgage Loan Closer position. A brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience is kindly requested. Applicants that meet the client’s qualifications will be contacted; all other candidates will be retained for future opportunities.