Title: Mechanical Engineer, PE – Aerospace & Defense
Location: Norfolk, VA
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Excellent opportunity to join an Architecture, Engineering and Consulting organization supporting multiple industries. This is a mid-senior level role and will lead and direct specialized design teams, and manage design and fabrication sub-consultants. You will be working with other Engineers, Architects and System Design Specialists for design and fabrication of critical assemblies, mechanisms, and related infrastructure supporting vertical and horizontal launch vehicle related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license (PE)
- 8 years mechanical experience and analysis of mechanisms, actuation systems, and/or ground support equipment
- 5+ years Aerospace industry experience
- 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis software experience
- Ability to produce designs based on client specifications and requirement documents
- Ability to work as a multi-discipline engineering team to produce constructible drawing packages
- Must be a US citizen or permanent legal residency is required and have the ability to obtain a federal government clearance
- Creo (Pro-E) and Windchill experience and/or SolidWorks experience preferred
- NX NASTRAN experience preferred
- Understanding of welding, machining, and fabrication techniques and processes preferred
Thank you for your interest in the Mechanical Engineer position. Candidates that meet the Client’s requirements will be contacted; all other applicants will be retained for future opportunities.