Title: Commercial Manager-Specialty Ingredients
The Commercial Manager will be responsible to partner with the global confectionary plus category team, providing advanced knowledge to assist in the development and execution of the category strategy for the North America region for future growth and to achieve the contribution margin target year over year. In this role, you will be involved with strategy planning and analytics, execution and measures, profit and loss management and provide account managers with strategic direction for target customers. You will guide and influence cross functional teams, prioritize resources and oversee the contribution margin target for the category.
- Develop and communicate the category strategy and conduct competitive analysis, define the value proposition and provide strategic direction to the sales team.
- Execute the category strategy by leading a cross functional team from research and development, operations, marketing, pricing and sales to meet or exceed the contribution margin growth target.
- Drive profitability of the category by measuring the key financial drivers of the category.
- Evaluate the business cases for customer backed or market forward projects and make recommendations to the leadership for capital investment and resources and execute as the commercial lead for approved projects to achieve the category strategic growth targets.
- Support the global category team by providing regional information, contribute to build the global portfolio and share best practices.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, Master’s preferred
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Commercial business skills to comprehend earnings drivers
- Proficiency with business financial processes
- 2+ years of commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Trading, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Strategic Pricing)
- 2+ years of experience in selling specialty food ingredients and solutions into categories such as confectionary, bakery, meat and dairy alternatives and personal care
- Good understanding of product functionality and experience in technical selling
- Customer driven with the skillset to understand customers’ challenges and offer innovative solutions