Title: Director, FP&A
Location: Fremont, CA
Relocation Assistance: Yes
The Director, FP&A plays a primary role in providing financial analysis, and reporting for CEO, CFO, Corporate and external analysts. Interprets internal and external business challenges and drives critical information dissemination around products, processes and services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process. This role will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and presentation of the budget and forecast. The successful incumbent will lead a team to work with each department across all sites of the company to understand the business and its financial needs. This individual will also lead in establishing financial guidance for the fiscal year, periodically updating Company’s progress against that guidance, including appropriate communication to the executive team, and lead in process improvements in budgeting and forecasting.
As Director, FP&A you will manage the Corporate FP&A team, which is expanding as we centralize FP&A activities. You will manage a highly visible, fun, and motivated team of FP&A professionals working on global FP&A activities. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for and experience with hiring and developing staff. You will partner with functional and business leaders to manage the preparation of budgets, forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, and provide ad hoc analysis for decision making by the company executives.
• Lead and manage business teams in the annual operating budget and forecast processes.
• Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to forecast and budget, explain and investigate any major discrepancies, and understand key business drivers across all sites of the company.
• Participate in monthly close process (accruals, reviews, journal entries) and review meetings with business partners
• Act as liaison between the business and accounting group.
• Identify business process improvement opportunities, develop solution options, engage management and stakeholders to align on decisions, implement approved plans, and revise desk level procedures to reflect changes.
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis such as productivity and profit analysis, evaluate profit plans, operating records, and financial statements
• Identify trends and recommend improvements, accordingly, prepare various presentations for the Executive Management Team
• Create new reporting and streamline existing reporting processes, make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
• Complete ad hoc reports or analysis in support of M&A activities, Company’s Executive Committee and special projects.
• Partner with stakeholders and assisting in developing, communication and achievement of an operating plan
• Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for managing the business cycle- quarterly earnings, Q&A, and associated financial reporting GAAP/non-GAAP and internal/external figures. Communicating with CEO, CFO, FP&A
• Prior Finance/FP&A experience leading teams at a Global level and for large businesses with multiple segments, complex industry dynamics, customer segmentation, and competitive landscapes, FP&A experience in publicly company desired
• Demonstrated executive presence & communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Established project management skills.
• 5-10+ years’ experience in Finance/FP&A Operations, CFA degree preferred
• Bachelor's or master’s degree from an accredited university or college.
• Offer solid programs for enhancing companywide budgeting and forecasting process with key stake holders
• Strong team builder, support and develop an organizational culture that fosters strong financial understanding and awareness
• View problems as opportunities, effectively overcome people organizational blocks to achieve results
The Director, FP&A who is a creative problem solver that can help us transform our current FP&A tools and processes. You must be engaged, flexible, and have the ability to build relationships with internal/external customers and finance/non-finance business partners. You are expected to develop an in-depth knowledge of your customers to effectively support their business needs and provide accurate forecasts.
You must be highly motivated, curious, and technically proficient with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics to deliver quality work on a daily basis. We are looking for someone with a strong analytical background and strict attention to detail. You must be a proactive leader exhibiting strong influencing capabilities with business partners and a willingness to maintain open and transparent communication across the organization.
• BS/BA, MBA and or CFA preferred,
• 10+ years experience in similar position
• Demonstrated ability to coach, inspire, lead, and develop staff.
• Detail oriented with attention to process and documentation in addition to accuracy.
• Strong written communication skills to clearly convey monthly reporting to stakeholders.
• Ability to translate GAAP terms to non-accounting partners.
• Ability to manage deadlines from multiple project streams.
Hands-on; must have a willingness to become involved in the details of the operations to ensure accurate information is provided to the business partners. Experience with Enterprise level Accounting and Planning software desired; Adaptive Planning or related experience preferred