Title: Director, Category Sourcing Lead
Location: Nashville, TN
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Great opportunity to join a leading Medical Device company. As the Director, Category Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for the strategic procurement (category sourcing) of the full Industrial Category for the Americas region (North & Latin America) including Logistics (Warehousing & Transportation), Real Estate & Energy, and Industrial (CAPEX, MRO, Test & Measurement Services). You lead and will be accountable for the end-to-end portfolio performance of both regional and global suppliers led out of the Americas region. Spend Management covers the procurement activities of all indirect (non-product related) materials and services covering such areas as logistics, industrial, real estate, marketing, IT, facility management, and travel.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as business partner towards the senior regional stakeholders of Supply Chain and Manufacturing Teams
- Develop and implement regional category sourcing strategy
- Manage Supplier Relationships, Performance and Contracting based on clear targets and ongoing Business Review Meetings with key suppliers
- Leading a team of strong procurement professionals, supporting their development and performance.
- Define and run a strong funnel approach of Procurement (Price) and Demand (Quantity) initiatives
- Program manages the execution of the Q-Funnel in alignment with Business, Markets and Functions
- Plan and perform Supply Base Optimization actions (sourcing savings)
- Plan and execute negotiation roadmaps with suppliers by applying outstanding negotiation skill set.
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in Strategic/Category Sourcing, Commodity Management and/or Procurement Engineering or comparable roles.
- Strategic sourcing experience in Logistics Downstream categories such as Warehousing and Road transportation.
- Shown capability in running sophisticated global suppliers on senior management and executive level.
- Proven track record in achieving outstanding negotiation results by applying creativity and innovation in your negotiation approach.
- Experience in supplier strategy development
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment
- Exceptional Communication and Negotiations skills (e.g. Game Theory)
- Independent problem solver with strong networking & influencing skills on senior business management and executive levels (internal and external)
- Dynamic, inclusive and inspiring leader who can lead virtual teams
- Experience in related functional areas such as Supply Chain or Operations is a plus